To the Whatever It Takes community,
This year, BACS provided services to 14,699 neighbors experiencing behavioral health challenges, housing insecurity and/or homelessness, and other complex needs. As an historical agency celebrating our 68th anniversary, it is our founding commitment to do “whatever it takes” to meet the needs of our community. This Annual Report, and our work every single day, is dedicated to the people we serve. Our ethos runs deep. We do not give up on people, no matter their need or trauma. The story of this year is perseverance through hardship, and collaboration creating change.
This was a year of profound struggle; and yet, the BACS Community – all of you reading this report – stepped up to the plate.
- A movement of public, private, corporate, and individual donors who contributed their own resources to reclaim homes for community benefit and create affordable housing for unhoused neighbors.
- Hundreds of team members who kept up with changing CDC recommendations to keep the people we serve safe, without skipping a beat to wrap around each individual to help meet their unique housing, behavioral health, and community needs.
- Volunteers of all ages who made Homes in a Basket, assembled hygiene kits, sewed masks, and delivered meals to our “housing fast” sites.
- Our board of directors who volunteered their governance and time to keep our agency strong, prepared, and ready to respond to the next crisis.
- Advocates who made their voices heard to help get BACS into their neighborhoods, meet an emerging need, and reach people who need the most support.
- Partners being served by one or more of our 46 programs, who engaged with our team to meet their unique needs, achieved personal goals of housing, wellness, and employment, and who are determined to achieve stability with the help of our community.